6 September 2010

Designing the Forest




Designing the forest was a relatively easy decision. From Yuri Norstein’s film Hedgehog in the Fog I had a pretty clear idea of how I wanted it to look. Pastel purple, pink and blue lace sky, with dark tall trees in the foreground, but nothing overly detailed. Initially I thought I would make a set for this, but then, when I decided to focus on film and photography, it made sense to go to the New Forest and find a big wood I could take photos in an then edit.




At this stage in my project I was still unclear on whether I would be using music or sound effects or both. Although I was looking at several pieces, I knew I would not be able to get an exact feeling of what would be right until the film was almost finished. I think I knew it would depend on what happened during filming and how the quality would come out. There were still elements which were going to be a big question mark, but I felt this made it more interesting and added an element of excitement and spontaneity to the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment