6 September 2010

Production

Over the easter holidays I had to make sure that I had all the props I needed for the film shoot, my background images were ready and photoshopped, and that I had done all the relative research into using a green screen and dv cameras. I knew there would be people around to help me but as this was going to be my first and final attempt for this project at filming live action in front of the green screen, I needed to make sure I was really prepared for what would be happening on the day. 

On the day of the shoot I had to arrive early before everyone else to set up the green screen. I had planned to have some lighting on the screen but unfortunately these were in high demand by thirds years at this time. Instead, I decided to set the screen up near a window. As it was sunny the natural light was enough, but I just needed to make sure that there were no creases in the green screen which could make shadows and ultimately effect the editing. I had some friends to come in and help as I knew I would not be able to do everything my self when I started using the stop motion camera, and I also wanted their opinions on what would look right or not whilst shooting. They were incredibly useful as I was initially very set with how I was going to bring the animated objects to life but it wasn't necessarily going to be the easiest way. Their outside perspective made it clearer for them to see what would be more practical and less time consuming. The model I decided to use was also excellent. She was professional and took the acting part very seriously which I doubt many people would have been able to do.

Although the day was rushed, I felt it went as well as it could have done for my first attempt and I learnt so much from testing out so many new pieces of equipment and software in such a short space of time and under pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment