6 September 2010

Editing

The next day, I immediately started the editing process as I expected this to take several weeks before the finish. I used adobe premier and a machine which took the recordings off the dv tape to convert them into an avi format on premier. I could choose exactly which footage I needed as on the day I tried to take plenty incase the first take wasn’t what I wanted. 

I was then able to put the footage into adobe after effects, where I did the rest of my editing. I started by selecting the exact footage which I wanted to use, keyed out the green screen and then put the right background behind it. This didn’t take as long as I thought it would, but when I watched it in real time, I was not happy with the stop motion footage. I decided that with the extra footage that I took I would probably be able to find replacement footage. With this I then made my own stop motion films using my digital camera and a sheet of plain blue fabric. I did this with the birds, the rabbit, the vegetation and the stag. 


The set up pre edit
Scene 1, Shot 1



Once I added these in the film started to look much fuller. If I had more time still I would want to layer it up more. I am really glad that I decided to do this otherwise the film would still look half finished. Using adobe after effects was so useful and I learnt so much from using it just over the 2 weeks of editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment